Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's Day Pranks

“I filled Oreo cookies with toothpaste and I gave them to my friends. Some of them thought they were mint Oreo so I had to tell them to spit it out. I also put a bunch of weights in my mom’s purse. Oh, and I rigged the water nozzle at home, so that when someone turns it on, it will spray them.” –Jordan Dooley, junior

“Last year, one of my friends placed her cell phone in the ceiling above the teacher’s desk. During class, someone called the phone, and the teacher had no idea where it was coming from. For 15 minutes, students kept calling the phone, and the teacher looked all over the classroom for it.” -Shannon Kelley, freshman

Seventh grader Sara Maddux decided that on April 1 she would wear an arm sling and make her friends cater to all her needs, so she did. Sara went around all day wearing the sling and making her friends get her lunch, write down her homework and feel bad for her. And at the end of the day she took it off and told all her friends. They freaked out, and told her she was mean, then came to realize that they should all just laugh. Her friends told her it was a great joke, and the best one they dealt with.

“While someone was taking a shower, I would turn the hot water freezing cold. Then after I got yelled at I would turn the water extremely hot. To top this April Fool’s joke off after they got out of the shower I would tie a string across the doorway so when they walked out of the bathroom they would trip.” –Mitch Wilson

“I put vinegar in my dad’s milk, and he used it for cereal the next morning.” –Dylan Williams

Madeline and Abigail Grant are identical twins. On April Fool’s Day, the two girls switched places. They went to each other’s classes and pretended to be each other. “Only our friends noticed,” the Grant girls said.

“It was my senior year and my boyfriend and I were riding our bikes down this huge hill and as we were coming down we fell off our bikes and the paramedics had to come and it was terrible so I called my sister and told her we were in a terrible bike accident and we needed to go home and she didn’t believe me so I put the paramedic on the phone and she still didn’t believe me so the paramedics put our bike on the top of the ambulance and they took us home and she broke into tears and felt so guilty so now every year I call her up on April Fool's Day and tell her I was in a accident and it gets her every time.” - Ms. Read

“When I went to Central Howell my seventh grade year, my whole class hid in the library from my teacher. My teacher had to look for us everywhere, and it was really fun.” Halie Ybarra