Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Meet Mr. SHS Contestant - Matthew Brown


By Heather Ferdinand

What is ideal age for marriage? Brown says that the ideal age for marriage is 26 years old. “I think we should be able to have our fun years before we have to settle down.”

What is your idea of a truly romantic evening?
“Think the evening should start off with a nice candle lit dinner. Then maybe a foot massage while she talks about her feelings,” Brown said. Then he would end the evening with a light kiss on the forehead.

What has been your scariest dream?
Brown’s scariest dream was when he got into a car crash. “I had gotten into a crash and wrecked the car, but I didn’t want my parents to find out. I tried to get the car fixed before they would notice. They ended up finding out,” Brown said. Luckily he woke up before the punishment was served.

What do you want to do once you get out of high school?
Brown says he wants to attend Western Washington University. He wants to go into marketing. “I think I would be good at it because I like to talk to people and I like selling things. Oh and I’d like to think I’m pretty creative,” Brown stated.

If somebody handed you a magic lamp and gave you three wishes, what would they be? Matthew said he would like to be done with high school already, a full scholarship to college and to have six more inches added to his biceps.

If your house was on fire and you could grab only five things before leaving, what would they be? “I would grab my wallet because it has my I.D. and all of my information and my cash. I would also grab my laptop. That’s pretty important. And I guess my parents too,” Brown said. He also added a snack and a quick drink.

Describe what a good friend means to you? “Well tall, brown hair,” Brown said jokingly. But he also said he wants someone who is non-judgmental and someone who has similar interests.

What do you think qualifies you to be the next Mr. SHS? “I think that I could be the next Mr. SHS because I’m funny, I love Silverton, I’m involved, and I have a pretty nice beard,” Brown claimed.