Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Meet Mr. SHS Contestant - Jacob Andvik


By Adrienne Wilson

If your house was on fire and you could only grab five things before leaving, what would they be? - “My family, a First Aid kit, a phone, my wallet. In that order.”

Who is your biggest inspiration in your life? Why?- “I really admire Dale Price. Despite being diagnosed with terminal cancer and only given a few months to live, he went out and used his time remaining to witness to people from his doctors to pastors in Russia (three times at that.)And, despite the doctors dismal predictions, he’s still going long after the original diagnosis ran out. He’s by far the strongest man I know.”

If you had one thing to eat the rest of your life, what would it be?- “Peanut butter. Gotta love that protein.”

What are your future plans?-“Attending the US Military Academy at West Point, and becoming an Army officer. After that I’m not sure.”

Why do you think you’re the next Mr. SHS?- “I’ve been involved in nearly every aspect of Silverton High School: sports, choir, Link Crew, theater and academics. I feel that I best represent the variety of activities our student body takes part in, and the caliber and quality of students our institution creates.”

What’s one thing that sets you apart from other contestants?- “My determination to accomplish goals. That and my dashing good looks.”

What’s one movie you can watch over and over and it never gets old? Why that movie?- “The A Team- remake by far is my favorite movie. I saw it three times in theatres, mainly because it’s funny and action-packed. Sure it’s hokey, and not very realistic, but it has the spirit of the old TV series, and has a little bit of everything for everyone .Oh and Liam Neeson is in it.”

Do you have a quote you live by? If so, what is it? And why that quote? - “’Be Prepared.’ Because an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”

Whats one thing you want to do before you die? Do you have a bucket list?- “See the world and I mean the entire world. And no, I don’t have a bucket list.”

What is your idea of a truly romantic evening?- “ In the country, under the stars, talking, and really just getting to know one another.”

Do you have a favorite hobby? And how did you get into that hobby?- “I really enjoy rock climbing. I first tried it in Scouts, and it was probably the scariest thing I have ever done. I made it out alive, and I was hooked.”

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?- “Germany. The history, the Black Forest, the Alp, and the frauleins.”