Friday, February 18, 2011

What do teens do on weekends?

The Fox's Howl staff asked classmates what they do on the weekend. Here's what teens shared:

“During the weekend, I spend most of my time at home or at my aunt's house because she lives next door. I like to stay and play on our new Nintendo WIii for about a half hour and then I check my Facebook for about an hour. I also like to walk my dor or go out with my parents to eat somewhere.”
Daniela Perez, freshman

“On weekends, I like hanging out with friends and getting outside, doing things like ultimate Frisbee and capture the flag. When I'm not with my friends, I'm with my family; we have a lot of fun hanging out together."
Emily Doerfler, junior

“On the weekends, I enjoy living it up at Mount Hood Meadows also known as Shredows. Nothing better than boarding with a group of friends. Mission of Hope is also another outlet for my time on the weekends.”
Morgan Coxen, sophomore

On a typical weekend, I sleep a lot about 11 hours, hang with friends, exercise, chores, homework and Facebook, watch TV. It's not very exciting but it's what I do.”
Jordan Dooley, junior

“On the weekends, I do a variety of things. It varies weekend to weekend as well. Most weekends I have a party to go to that I hang out with friends. I also like to play Xbox 360 with my friends and family. When I have homework on the weekends I usually wait until the last minute to do it, but I usually get it done.”
Kelsey Rosborough, sophomore

"I sleep a lot, read all kinds of books depending on which one I have, listen to a variety of music, besides country, spend the weekends at Ruth Hernandez’s house, I like to watch comedy and horror movies, and eat out. I love going to Jamba Juice."
Alex Buckout, sophomore

"I sew as much as I possibly can. I design and construct aprons to sell. I hope to start my small business by July. I want to have my own booth at Homer Davenport Days. I enjoy most of sewing, but hemming takes forever. My favorite part is the feeling of making something beautiful that didn’t ever exist."
Emily Pelletier, sophomore

"Mainly I just sit around and relax. Every other weekend I hang out with Carin, my girlfriend. We swing dance together; we dance until the cows come home. When it's icy, we dance on ice puddles. At Oregon State, we are going to take dance classes together."
Aaron Leedham, senior

"I have dance team all weekend, and every other Friday we have Wyldlife club that I help out with. WyldLife is at 7 p.m. at Mark Twain. We play basketball and music, then we have a skit, play crazy games, then we have a message, and then we play basketball until the middle schoolers get picked up.
Faith Moen, senior

"I work on Saturdays at Kraemer Farms pulling old grape veins off of the trellises. Then I watch Saturday Night Live with my girlfriend. On Sundays I usually do homework and hang out with family."
Alex Kraemer, senior

"On the weekends, I usually go to volleyball tournaments. I have to get up early, at around 4 a.m., to go to the tournament. We play lots of volleyball games, and referee other games. When I’m not playing, I usually eat something, because I don’t know the next time I’ll get a chance to eat. Also, I sleep and hang out with my teammates."
Audrey Anderson, freshman

"I work at the Glockenspiel Restaurant at least one night during the weekend, where I work as a hostess and a busser. Normally, I seat people, serve water, clear dishes and tables, and reset the tables. I hang out with one friend over the weekend, and we go see a movie or just hang out. I also hang out with my boyfriend."
Bonnie Cramer, senior

"I spend some of my weekend painting. I like to paint people and abstract, flowery pieces. I also like to spend time outside, where I like to run and ride my horse. I’ve had my horse for three years now, and he’s really old. I also go to church on the weekends."
Mona Kaufman, senior


“I work for my grandma for about two hours, cleaning her house and doing other chores just on Saturday. Then Sunday I go to church.”
Olivia Andvik, junior

"Mostly volleyball tournaments, I read a lot, and do random stuff. I run errands, like going to the store to get the food I like. I sleep a lot and watch movies like thrillers.”
Hannah Butsch, junior

“Sleep until one in the afternoon. Go on the Internet for five hours. Youtube, Facebook, the works. Then I go back to bed.”
Kate Hammelman, junior

“It depends on what day it is. A bowl of Ben and Jerry’s and watch some good television keeping my feet warm with fuzzy slippers. I spend a lot of time texting people too. Also, hanging out with my friends and karaoke is my favorite!”
Talia Wulfers, sophomore

"Practice my Ninja skills and dream about Miranda Roth and our future together."
Ross Martinson, sophomore

"On the weekends I go to OHSET drill team. We have a team of six people and we work on our drill pattern. If you have ever been to a rodeo you may have seen us. We ride around on our horses with the flags basically. I go on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. It gives me something to do and I get to interact with other people."
Hailey McCarty, sophomore