Friday, March 18, 2011

Meet Our Staff


By Heather Ferdinand


When shy Erin Kelley is on stage her personality shines. With more than eight years in theater, she has been able to play a variety of roles such as Winnie the Pooh, a crazy old lady and a criminally damaged young lady.

“Being in theater gave me the chance to step out of my shell and gave me more confidence in myself,” Kelley said.


She started with small roles with only a few lines. Then she had a breakthrough. She was given the chance to play the lead role in Winnie the Pooh, as Pooh. She learned what is was like to be in the spotlight.


“My biggest moment during the productions was when a little girl gave me a jar of honey after one of the shows.It showed me how much of an inspiration and a mentor I could possibly be to a younger generation,” Kelley stated.


Even though Kelley no longer acts with the Brush Creek Theater anymore, she is active with Silverton High School's theater program. Along with the theater program Kelley has 4.0 grade point average, making her a top student.
It’s amazing what happens when a shy girl shows what talents are hiding inside her.